039 How Emotions an Cost You a Game with Daniel LonaOct 18, 2022
Another chess journey update from your favorite podcast host!
Every few months, I serve up a solo show that offers my latest insights and struggles, all from my hard-working path toward improvement.
But this isn’t just an audio “chess diary.”
I try to bring everything back to lessons we can all use and learn from. Hope you enjoy!
In this episode:
- Why emotions caused an avoidable & heartbreaking loss in my recent OTB tournament.
- Does a recent 200-point blitz rating increase suggest my chess will soon improve in other areas?
- The four biggest contributors to my chess improvement over the past 18 months.
- How OTB tournaments are fueling my fire to become a better chess player.
- Episode 2: Top 7 Lessons Learned After My 1-Year Return To Chess
- Episode 7: The Importance of Your Thought Process In Chess (with Dan Heisman)
- Dan Heisman’s YT Video: Intermediate Time Controls Can Hinder Improvement
- Peter Giannotos: Everyone’s First Chess Workbook (Tactics book)
- John Bain: Chess Tactics for Students