042 A Passion For Chess Without Loving the Game with GM Elisabeth PaehtzNov 08, 2022
The #1 female player in Germany for many years: GM Elisabeth Paehtz.
Even beyond her impressive accomplishments as a chess player, which include:
- Winning the 2018 European Women’s Championship in rapid chess.
- Representing Germany for the Women’s Chess Olympiad over 10 times.
Elisabeth has some refreshing and pleasantly unexpected insights about the game. In this episode, we discuss:
- Why she never “loved chess” but still has a deep passion for the game.
- How being an adult has changed her playing style.
- Writing a book on her life as a female chess player.
- What caused her unexpected late-career rating climb.
More From Elisabeth: