014 Unstoppable Chess Queens & Rare Tips to Improve w/ WGM Jennifer ShahadeApr 19, 2022
Today you get a 2-topic episode:
1) Adult chess improvement tips from WGM Jennifer Shahade, and
2) A discussion on her new book, Chess Queens, about the celebration & deeper understanding of women in chess.
There’s hardly anyone who has done more to make this game more inclusive for women and girls than Jennifer...
She’s a true inspiration in our community.
Not only is she a 2-time US Women’s Champion and Woman Grandmaster…
Jennifer has also tirelessly spent the past two decades improving chess culture for females everywhere…
In today’s episode we discuss:
- The little-used secret to better performance in your games without having to spend time improving your chess.
- Redefining what it means to be “great at chess” (it’s not just ELO!)
- Jen’s 2 often-overlooked tips for adult improvers.
- The impact she wants her book to have on the chess world.
- The importance of celebrating women in chess…while also making people aware of the steep challenges they’ve faced (and continue to face.)