010 How to Choose an Opening With NM Bryan TillisMar 22, 2022
Choosing an opening is both exciting and terribly confusing…
A new opening is a thrill in chess…
But it’s hard to know which opening is best for YOU…
- What factors should you consider?
- How long do you stick with an opening before trying something new?
- How many moves deep should you study?
In this episode, I interview someone who I consider to be one of the best opening and all-around chess instructors out there…
National Master Bryan Tillis.
Bryan helps me answer all of the above questions and more.
Background on NM Bryan Tillis
As a long-time chess coach, Bryan is one of the rare instructors who can bring great clarity and simplicity to chess improvement.
Right now, Bryan is probably best-known in the community for his fantastic openings courses on Chessable, including:
- Master the French Defense
- The Aggressive Queen’s Gambit Declined
- The Dark Night Rises (the Alekhine Defense)
Bryan also has a fantastic YouTube channel chock full of his classic teaching style.
Topping it off, he's the owner of Palm Beach Chess, which offers multiple chess coaches in both private and group settings.
Where to find Bryan’s Work: